Tractor and Farm
Please register if you do not have an account with us so that you can post and enjoy this forum.
Also if you register then you can view our downloads section and download stuff!

(If you register then you get free gifts!)
Tractor and Farm
Please register if you do not have an account with us so that you can post and enjoy this forum.
Also if you register then you can view our downloads section and download stuff!

(If you register then you get free gifts!)
Tractor and Farm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum all about tractors and farming in general

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please register so that you can post and enjoy this forum.
You have to be a registered member to view and download from our downloads section.
If you Join us then you get a FREE GIFT! Just for joining! (You get more FREE GIFTS after certain achivements too!)
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» international 444
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:26 am by Bvcx3

» International 444 Tractor
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:24 am by Bvcx3

» Forum development Topic
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:49 am by Bvcx3

» What do you have on your farm
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:57 am by Bvcx3

» Sit down, have a pint
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:56 am by Bvcx3

» The "My Hill" Game
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat May 24, 2014 6:05 am by Bvcx3

» What version of Simtractor did you own first?
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:58 am by Bvcx3

» What tractor is best for me
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:51 am by Bvcx3

» Favoourite game of 2013
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:18 am by Bvcx3

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 105 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:52 pm
Visitor Tracker
free counter
Map Counter
world map hits counter

What tractor is best for me

Go down 
+3
Farmer Bob
Jd6820driver
Bvcx3
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What tractor is best for me (See post)
Fergie te-d 20
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
International 574
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
MF 35
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 6 ]
Leyland 245 and up
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Nuffield 10/60
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
David Brown 1390/94
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
John Deere 1640
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Zetor somrthing
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
NiallLod
Gold Member
Gold Member

What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What tractor is best for me   What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:16 am

What tractor is best for me (See post)
Fergie te-d 20- Can be quite annoying sometimes quite a temperamental little tractor
International 574-Decent tractor keep a wooden block in the cab issues with the handbrake
MF 35- Decent but highly overated
Leyland 245 and up- Makes a david brown look professional
Nuffield 10/60- Good tractor good traction because of a good weight ratio
David Brown 1390/94- I can't believe you considered this tractor we use to have one it was highly avoided don't go near one
John Deere 1640- Good tractor cab comfort is the best of the lot
Zetor somrthing- Realible old tractors but there rough on the road

Other- Any Kind of ford
Back to top Go down
Jd6820driver

PostSubject: Re: What tractor is best for me   What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:25 am

NiallLod wrote:
Leyland 245 and up- Makes a david brown look professional
NiallLod wrote:
David Brown 1390/94- I can't believe you considered this tractor we use to have one it was highly avoided don't go near one
For those too comments you deserve a medal mate hit the nail on the head and sank it in one

Jd6820driver
Back to top Go down
Bvcx3
Admin
Admin
Bvcx3

PostSubject: Re: What tractor is best for me   What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:19 am

Naill, your opinion will be of use to me defiantly, what is your favourite Ford and what do you think of MF 135s, there is a local one which I like the look of, I can upload pics if you guys want. (they aren't very good though!). The tractor is an ex-scraper so you can imagine what the brakes and steering would be like, and the front nosecone, grille, ect. would be like. It has no lights but looks fairly straight, although I haven't had a visit to see it and see what it's really like and check out whats what.
-Bvcx3
Back to top Go down
https://tractorandfarm.forumotion.co.uk
NiallLod
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostSubject: Re: What tractor is best for me   What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:30 am

Bvcx3 wrote:
Naill, your opinion will be of use to me defiantly, what is your favourite Ford and what do you think of MF 135s, there is a local one which I like the look of, I can upload pics if you guys want. (they aren't very good though!). The tractor is an ex-scraper so you can imagine what the brakes and steering would be like, and the front nosecone, grille, ect. would be like. It has no lights but looks fairly straight, although I haven't had a visit to see it and see what it's really like and check out whats what.
-Bvcx3
A ford 4000 is a great little tractor handy highly manoeuvrable I'd look out for one of those. About the 135 well as you say it's gonna be knocked up every were the tyres will be quite bad from spinning and up against walls. Mechanically there will be quite a few hours on the engine if it's the orginal the clutch will most likely be ****** I'd stay away from it they normally don't get treated well. I'd look further about but really look for a good straight tractor scraper tractors are always bodged up badly.
Back to top Go down
Bvcx3
Admin
Admin
Bvcx3

PostSubject: Re: What tractor is best for me   What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:18 am

It's done about 4000 hours so I'm told, but I agree about the clutch. The back tyres are odd grass ones, but the fronts are tidy. The cab frame if rotten a bit in the corners but don't tell anyone cause I'll get it welded!
Pictures:
What tractor is best for me - Page 2 A_collage_of_it
Tell me what you think.
-Bvcx3
Back to top Go down
NiallLod
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostSubject: Re: What tractor is best for me   What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:24 am

If you think you can get it restored in that amount of money go for it it looks pretty straight tin work is abit rotted clutch can be replaced easily a local dealer or mechanic there all the same other than that it look decent. I'd rip the safety frame of anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bvcx3
Admin
Admin
Bvcx3

PostSubject: Re: What tractor is best for me   What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:22 am

Nah, I'd prefer to have a slightly rotten cab than none. That figure is only a quick, rough estimate, it will probably be more!
-Bvcx3
Back to top Go down
Jd6820driver

PostSubject: Re: What tractor is best for me   What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:48 am

The cab is solid I grabbed hold and shock it back and forth, didn't creak of groan at all. It's surface rust Wink Also the cow excrement appeared to have protected the rims as when I kicked it off there was little pitting if any.

Jd6820driver
Back to top Go down
Bvcx3
Admin
Admin
Bvcx3

PostSubject: Re: What tractor is best for me   What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:13 am

Jd6820driver wrote:
The cab is solid I grabbed hold and shock it back and forth, didn't creak of groan at all. It's surface rust ;)Also the cow excrement appeared to have protected the rims as when I kicked it off there was little pitting if any.

Jd6820driver
About the excrement, how is that possible, unless somehow it hasn't reacted with the metal, which doesn't make sence, but I'm not complaining! Wink
-Bvcx3
Back to top Go down
Jd6820driver

PostSubject: Re: What tractor is best for me   What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:10 am

It honestly isn't coroded. I don't know how either, needs a new PUH though that was plastered and didn't seem to have fared quite as well as the rims. I unlocked it and it stayed up not a good sign.

Jd6820driver
Back to top Go down
pumapower50

PostSubject: Re: What tractor is best for me   What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:37 am

Wo wo wo!! hold on a second. You didn't add a Fordson super dexta :O :O :O I am ashamed at you. Only joking but I would have liked to have seen a Fordson super dexta though.
Back to top Go down
Bvcx3
Admin
Admin
Bvcx3

PostSubject: Re: What tractor is best for me   What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:01 am

Well, a Super Dexta isn't a bad choice actually! I'm sorry for not adding it but I can't add every tractor. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jd6820driver

PostSubject: Re: What tractor is best for me   What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:03 am

Dexta? noooo Major is what you want if you want a Fordson.
Back to top Go down
Bvcx3
Admin
Admin
Bvcx3

PostSubject: Re: What tractor is best for me   What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:51 am

Well, I think I would have a Major over a Dexta, more horse and I think they are cheaper too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What tractor is best for me   What tractor is best for me - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What tractor is best for me
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2